Cinco de Mayo Chihuahua Races
The Cinco de Mayo Celebration is proud to announce the 1st Annual Chihuahua Races brought to you Castle Peak Veterinary Services.
- You must be the registered owner of your Chihuahua to race.
- All Chihuahuas must be immunized and be up to date with all shots as required by Eagle County with paperwork or tags provided at event.
- For those under the age of eighteen (18) that enter the contest, a parent or legal guardian must sign a release on their behalf.
- Chihuahua and Chihuahua mix are eligible to race.
- All pre-registered applications must be received, via drop off or online, no later than Friday, May 6th. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- On site registration is open at Castle Peak Vet (734 Chambers Ave, Eagle) through May 6th or at the event from 1:00-1:30 p.m.
- $5 per racer, portion to benefit Eagle County Humane Society
- On Sunday May 8th, all participants must appear in person by 1:00pm at the Eagle River Center and check in with Race Representatives. Participants that fail to check in with Race Representatives by 1:00pm will be disqualified from further participation in the Race. At check-in, each participant will be required to review the Race Rules and sign a waiver of liability and release agreement. At approximately 1:30pm, the Race will begin.
Chihuahua Race Rules:
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times (except during race).
- Owners must clean up after their dogs. Dog bags will not be provided.
- Two (2) people must be available during the race heat; one at the race start and one at the finish line.
- Owners/participants may use a toy or treat to entice the dog, but must stay at each end until the dog comes to the owner/participant. The toy or treat may not be thrown or tossed.
- Owners/participants may not run along the side of the dog.
- Dogs may step out of bounds of their lane but must re-enter and completely cross the finish line, within the boundaries without being grabbed. If the dog is touched by the handler before completely crossing the finish line, the dog will be disqualified
For more information call Harry Sandell at 970-390-6861 or email email@example.com.