Cinco de Mayo Chihuahua Races
- You must be the registered owner of your Chihuahua/small dog to race.
- All Chihuahuas/small dogs must be immunized and be up to date with all shots as required by Eagle County with paperwork or tags provided at event.
- For those under the age of eighteen (18) that enter the contest, a parent or legal guardian must sign a release on their behalf.
- Chihuahua and dogs under 15 lbs. are eligible to race.
- Register online through May 7th at 11:55 p.m. through link below
- On-site registration is open at the event from 1:00-1:30 p.m.
- $5 per racer, a portion to benefit Eagle Valley Humane Society.
- On Sunday May 7th, all participants must appear in person by 1:00pm at the Eagle River Center and check in with Race Representatives. Participants that fail to check in with Race Representatives by 1:00pm will be disqualified from further participation in the Race. At check-in, each participant will be required to review the Race Rules and sign a waiver of liability and release agreement. At approximately 1:30pm, the Race will begin.
Chihuahua Race Rules:
- Dogs must be under 15 lbs.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times (except during race).
- Owners must clean up after their dogs. Dog bags will not be provided.
- Two (2) people must be available during the race heat; one at the race start and one at the finish line.
- Owners/participants may use a toy or treat to entice the dog, but must stay at each end until the dog comes to the owner/participant. The toy or treat may not be thrown or tossed.
- Owners/participants may not run along the side of the dog.
- Dogs may step out of bounds of their lane but must re-enter and completely cross the finish line, within the boundaries without being grabbed. If the dog is touched by the handler before completely crossing the finish line, the dog will be disqualified
For more information call Harry Sandell at 970-390-6861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.